We all know that a damaged roof should be attended to at the earliest signs. But the real question is when and how? Is it okay to ignore a small roof leak if it isn’t causing any damage yet? Can we delay repairing the small leaks? Is it necessary to get roof repairs done for small cracks or leakages? When should a homeowner take the steps to call a roof repair contractor? These critical questions are encountered frequently by several homeowners, and more often they are left unanswered or ignored.
Prevention is always better than reactive repairs. A small leak or a little damage to a roof may not seem like an immediate problem, but it most definitely is an imminent problem that should be addressed as soon as it is spotted.
Here is a list of reasons why a quick roof repair is imperative and should be taken care of without delay.
- It Will Get Worse – The seemingly small roof damage now is sure to worsen with time and other external factors. A small patch of discolored wall is one initial sign of a leaking wall. The longer you put off the roof repairs, the damage will only worsen and end up costing you more. If you notice any small leaks, cracks, wet ceiling or any changes to your roof, the best thing to do is to have a roof inspection done by a professional roof repair contractor. Make sure they inspect the entire roof as soon as possible to stay ahead of the damage.
- Increased Bills – A damaged roof can indirectly affect you in several ways. A small hole or a gap in the roof that may have no effect on your everyday activities could cause a sudden spike in your air conditioning or heating bills. This is because of the continuous transfer of hot air from outside that gets inside or vice versa, which in turn increases the energy consumption in the house. All this leads to additional expenses that can be avoided with a quick roof inspection and repair.
- Mold and mildew – Mold and mildew are one of the most common problems that homeowners face with leaky roofs. This is a nagging issue for many, and it will directly affect the health of your family and pets. The slightest discoloration of your walls and roofs is usually the first sign of mold, and if left unattended the problem can become a full-fledged nightmare. Repairing it as soon as you spot the issue can help protect your family from a lot of needless hassles.
- Electrical Damage – When it comes to checking for water damage on your roof, there are a couple of common problem areas on roofing systems. Once you confirm there is water damage, it means there is also a higher chance of electrical damage in the house. The moisture in the walls from the roof leak can come in contact with the wiring inside the walls causing the breakers to trip, damaging the electrical appliances in the house, or in the worst-case scenario — cause a house fire. A roof repair will help keep the moisture content contained and restore the integrity of the roof by protecting the wiring of the house.
- Uninvited Guests on the Roof –Homeowners are familiar with the pesky problem of animals in their roofing system. This a widespread problem because all it takes is for a rat or squirrel to get into a very small hole or gap in the tiles, which can be easily neglected by the homeowner. The only way to deal with this irksome problem is to have any gaps or openings corrected at the earliest sign of a problem.
At R2 Roof Guys, we recommend repairing a small roof problem before it becomes a much bigger expense down the road. Our team of roofers will communicate any signs of roof damage to help you make the best decision for your home. Don’t settle for less, call the team at R2 Roof Guys in Garland at (214) 405-4396 for any roof repairs in the Wylie, Lavon, Sachse, Rockwall, Rowlett, and Murphy area today.